LAMAR CONSOLIDATED HIGH SCHOOL BAND BOOSTER CLUB
The Lamar Consolidated High School Band Booster Club is a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance and volunteer support for the Mighty Mustang Band. To achieve this goal, it takes many dedicated volunteers all working together as a team throughout the year. The help of each band member’s family is needed to provide the demanding tasks of a successful band program. Financial assistance is necessary to cover items not included in the Lamar Consolidated ISD budget and all unexpected expenses. Each year in May, the Booster Club approves a budget which helps support important items such as:
- Clinicians for improving the band’s marching and concert skills
- Specialists to train the students in the finer details of using their instrument
- Fees associated with drill writing and choreography
- Entry fees to contests
- Transportation to contests
- Purchase of special music
- Purchase and maintenance of new or used equipment
- Materials for props and costumes
- Senior scholarships
- Parties and celebrations including the Annual Fall Band Banquet!
Top 5 Reasons to Get Involved!
- Participate and be active in your child’s life in the last few years of their childhood. It goes faster than you think!
- Get to know the other students your children are spending their time with
- Meet some great parent volunteers so you will have a friend to sit with during all those football games and banquets!
- Connect with the directors and school staff. Teaching and parenting go hand in hand. It is always good to build relationships with your child’s teachers
- Get outside your normal routine and have fun, get some fresh air, do something good that makes you feel good and helps the band!
Jennifer Cabrera | email@example.com
Booster Vice President of Committees:
Jennifer Simmons | firstname.lastname@example.org